Will it rain on my wedding day? What on earth do we do if it does?
We happen to live in one of the greenest, most beautiful countries in Europe and it's mainly because of our rain/sunshine combo! So the chance of rain even on that summer saturday in August is high - at least 50/50.
So what should you do?
Here are some of my recent brides top tips;
1. Embrace it. You've got a fab venue, laugh, love and nip outside when you can for photos. If you are positive, your guests will be - happiness is infectious it spreads.
2. Have lots of clear brollies at the ready. As a photographer I alwyas carry a few in the boot of my car and some super lovely bright ones as my brides often love a 'pop' of colour - Flying Tiger has great rainbow ones for £5 primark has some lovely clear ones edged with black or white.
3. Use doorways for images you and the guests take - the dark behind and natural light from outside works wonders with any photos you are taking.
4. Be flexible - remember, once the rain clears up the light can be amazing and will make any colours you've chosen appear brighter and more vibrant. Be ready to nip out between food courses if necessary to grab dry photo opportunities.
5. If your ceremony is outside, make sure guests are aware and dress approriately - let them know if you plan on staying outside even if it rains! They may want to rethink their shoe choice and wear a vest!
6. Do speak to your venue and have a contingency plan. If your ceremony is outside speak to the venue about gazebos. Check you can have one at the last minute and don't have to order it days in advance.
7. Everyone loves a rain photo or brolly shot - get out there in the rain and enjoy the craziness of it all!
Below are images from Lauren and Phil's beautiful day. It poured in Biblical proportions all day and didn't dampen their spirits at all!
Account deletion request
If you delete your registration you will not be able to login again to save your favourite images or your shopping cart when purchasing products.
If you have already favourited images your photographer will no longer be able to view them, and all associated information will be deleted.
Information used to process purchases cannot be deleted, as accounting records must be retained by law. However it will not be shared or used for any other purpose, and will be automatically deleted after seven years.
By deleting your registration you will not be deleting any images. Please contact the photographer if you wish for your personal images to be deleted.